This is classic hummus bi tahini recipe that Gary and I love. We kick it up just a hair with some cumin and cayenne.
And like I said in another post, I really, really like hummus- actually Gary and I both do. In case you didn’t know, he’s 1/4 Lebanese, so he’s been eating hummus forever and he introduced me to it. It’s so easy to make it just doesn’t make sense to me buy store bought. It’s fun to whip it up for company and watch everyone devour it. It’s also fun to add ingredients and flavor it, but sometimes you gotta just go with the basics.
So if you’re new to the world of hummus, consider starting with the basics. If you want some variations, download our free hummus ebook. It has 15 great recipes including dessert hummus. Yum!
- 1 (16 oz.) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 Tbsps. tahini
- 2 Tbsps. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsps. water
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- ½ tsp. (1 clove) garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. each black pepper, cumin, salt
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Blend smooth stopping to scrape down the sides.
- Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with cayenne, paprika, or sumac (optional). Best at room temperature.