It really doesn’t get any easier than this! A simple bean salad with zip and zing! Also great as a dip- especially those “scoop” chips. They really hold all the goodies well!
There’s a few spices in this recipe, which are available in the Mexican Spice Kit. It really makes everything easy to have all your spices in a handy little box, properly labeled, which means no fumbling around looking for them. I recently took this to a small wedding reception that was held at someone’s house and it was gobbled right up. Be sure to add an avocado (or 2) if you want. I do that often although it’s not pictured.
Hope you guys enjoy!
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can navy beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can corn, drained, rinsed
- ¾ cup bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup scallion (green onion), chopped
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsps. lime juice
- 1 ½ Tbsps. sugar
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. each crushed red pepper, salt
- ¾ tsp. each chili powder, cumin
- ½ tsp. coriander
- ¼ tsp. each garlic powder, marjoram
- In a large bowl combine salad ingredients.
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor.