Don’t let the title fool you on this one….this isn’t a traditional tuna salad whipped with tons of mayonaise and slapped between two slices of bread (not to say that’s a bad thing, mind you!). This is a fresh salad that I like to throw together for lunch when the day is busy and I’m looking for a quick food fix that’s light, healthy (in my eyes) and tastes great. You’ll notice in the recipe that I list olive oil as optional. I think the salad tastes great with it or without; it all depends on how I’m feeling about an extra 120 calories on the day I’m making it. :-). So I hope you enjoy and as always, please adjust the spices to meet your particular tastes. Enjoy!
- 2 cups of your favorite salad greens. I like a mixture of romaine and spinach
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 2 (5 oz.) cans solid white Albacore tuna, rinsed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil (optional)
- 3 Tbsps. balsamic vinegar
- 1½ Tbsps. Sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp. chopped peanuts
- Place salad greens in a bowl and top with red peppers.
- Add tuna and season with salt and pepper.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, Sriracha sauce and peanuts.
- Toss eveything together and make sure that all is coated evenly.